Monday, November 3, 2008

Black Belt

Sierra Nicole will be receiving her Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do on November 15th at 12:30 - I am so proud of her! She worked so hard for 2 years straight- six months before testing she went 7 days a week sometimes several times a day so that she would be perfect for testing- the BB testing lasted almost 4 hours and she did awesome! her overall score was a 93% out of 100 so I would definitely say all her hard work paid off for her - While training for BB testing she was on the demo team and managed to go to practice, do school work and maintain her grades at school - I can't wait to see her tie her new belt around that teeny tiny waste of hers, on November 15th, I know I will shed many tears that day, I spent countless hours watching her perfect her kicks, punches and self defense - I saw the tears she shed when she tried over and over again to learn a new kick that was difficult for her, she has learned that she is a strong girl who can do anything once she sets her mind to it, I feel that through TKD that she has been given a few tools to accomplish great things in life, she has determination, self control, respect, and a positive attitude, those are just a few things that she can take with her in the future where ever the road may take her- I will always look back on the time we spent together and smile, not one second wasted- I learned more about her in the past two years than I did in the first 12 years of her life - 

No comments:

Post a Comment