Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update for Maggie

This post is for a friend of mine, she pointed out to me that I haven't updated the blog in a while so here you go Maggie. For the past few weeks I have been doing some "spring cleaning" so to speak. I have been hitting the delete button a lot. I just don't have time for drama in my life, I mean come on now I am in my mid 30's. I have ended a friendship that was 18 years old, it sucks yes but really I can't handle all the crap that went along with that friendship and I learned that it really was a onesided friendship for the past year. I wish that friend only happiness in the future but if they keep on the track they are on then it will be a sad and lonely life.
I also have cut my hair off, seriously it is short. I LOVE it though I look totally different I still need to take a picture of the new do. I have also been working out since the start of the year and have lost 23 pounds so far. I still have a long way to go but at least I am making progress. I will one day be skinny again, like before I had two children and cancer. I don't know if I will ever get down to the weight I was before I had chemo, radiation and two children but at least I will be in shape and healthy and that is all that really matters to me. My trainer told me that I may not look good at 120 but I may look healthier at 130 or 135 because of my height. So we shall see.
I have a new calling at church, not too sure about it but I will give it 110%. I am a Primary Teacher for the 5 year olds. I am not doing it alone thank goodness because there is noway I could. My friend Katie was also called to be a Primary Teacher. She taught the class last week and made it look oh so easy. She is so great with the kids!! I am not use to being the one in front of the class but the one who sits in the back and doesn't ask questions.
So Maggie that is what I have been up to for the past few weeks, nothing exciting just life and making changes.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Go you! Congrats on the weight loss too! I know that it has been bugging you. But remember that you are beautiful and amazing no matter what! It is good though. You will be happier and healthier overall as you progress through accomplishing this goal! Crazy about the hair! I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it is amazing! It's defintetly hard to let go of such a long time friend. I have also had to do that a few times over the years. Frankly, I think the hard part is watching them slip away into a life where you can see their impending unhappiness and not being able to do anything about it. But it is true, sometimes you just have to let them go.
    Congrats on the calling. You are so tough. I would run away screaming if someone asked me to do that!
    I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete