So today I have made the hardest decision, I had to decide if it was best for Sierra to stay and finish out the school year or go with us to Tennessee. I decided after talking with Blackman High (the school in Tennessee) that it would be best for her to stay and finish her Junior year at Cary High.
Blackman High is not on a block schedule like Cary High. So the first half of this year Sierra has taken Algebra I, Science, US History and yearbook. So that means she has completed a years worth of each subject in one semester. Next semester she is taking English III, Geometry, Sports Medicine and yearbook. So that means if she transferred to Blackman High should would have missed the entire first half of English III and Geometry and would have put her behind and therefor would have to be in summer school for 8 weeks at 8 hours a day just to catch up. I just couldn't do that to her. We are moving to a new city and I don't want her to spend the entire summer in school. So with her staying she will only need to take English IV and Algebra II next year in order to graduate. She will have 5 elective classes so it should be a pretty easy Senior Year for her.
I will miss her more than words can say and I know I am doing what is best for her by having her stay but it breaks my heart that I won't see her every single day and I won't get to hear about her day when she comes home from school, I won't get to take her lunch to cheer her up when she is feeling down. I won't be able to watch our shows together each week.
I am trying to think of it as a test run for when she leaves for college but it doesn't make it any easier..
Thank goodness for Skype, text and cell phones...