Monday, January 9, 2012

Carolina Friends.....

In just 12 short days I will be living in Tennessee. I will have said goodbye to my friends, my comfort zone, to a town that I have grown to love.  In the 14 years that I have lived in this town I have watched it grow, I have made the best friends, watched my daughter grow up into a beautiful young lady and had my son.  I learned more about myself. I learned that I am strong, talented, dedicated, loyal, hard working, and a great friend. 


I will miss my friends more than anything when I go. I will miss meeting them for a quick lunch or a long chat over coffee and cocoa. I will miss our families hanging out in the summer. I will miss being here for them if they need me. I will miss being the shoulder to cry on or the person to vent to. I will miss the laughter. I am so thankful for the memories I have created with each and everyone of them. I am so thankful for all that they have taught me. I am never going to find friends anywhere near as wonderful as the ones I have here.  I know it will take me a while to even make friends in Tennessee and I am OK with that.  Thank goodness for Facebook, email, text messages, phone and skype so that I can stay in touch with my Carolina friends. 

I have told my daughter to create memories with her friends at school and to not waste anytime with them, and she has. She has made some wonderful memories with her friends and I couldn't be happier for her. I know she will miss her friends just as much as I will miss mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment