Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Allergies

After over 30 pricks in the back we learned that my son, Hunter is allergic to nuts, trees, 8 types of grass, dust mites, mold, and cats. I will say that I am glad his doctor didn't say he was allergic to dogs because we would not be a happy family if we had to get rid of our Samsun.  Hunter has an Epipen that goes with us everywhere. He is to sit at a special table at lunch time (away from his friends, I think that is just sad) he sits alone at snack time just in case other kids bring in nuts for a snack. He is allergic to peanuts, brazil nuts, cashews,almonds, pistachios (those can kill him if he eats them) and peacans, those will just make him uncomfortable according to the doctor.  My house is now a nut free zone. No peanutbutter, no pistachios (my favorite snack of all time) nothing. I must read every lable when I go to the market to make sure nothing he eats will have those nuts in it.  

2 comments:

  1. How sad...and what an inconvenience to life. Good luck to Hunter and you. (I love pistachios too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Hunter!!! (and poor you!) I'm glad you found out before he ate a pistachio! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete