Thursday, December 17, 2009

Friday in Amsterdam

So Friday I spent the day site seeing and kind of sad because JB was not with me, to experience the sites with me. I went to the Anne Frank House, I didn't think it would be as emotional as it was. I have read the book at least 20 times in my life and to actually be standing there where it all took place was just amazing to me. After spending an hour in the house I went outside and sat on a bench and thought about life and how fortunate I am to be able to do anything I want to do. This was the day that I set new goals for myself and decided to get back into the game called life, don't get me wrong I am not totally out of the woods yet of depression but I am on the road to recovery. I sat and reflected on everything I had done this year and realized I am that strong woman, I can do anything I set my mind to, it just takes hard work and determination and sometimes I just need a little help from my family and friends to push me along and remind me I can do it. I will embrace the journey of life and live each day as though it may be my last because you never know if you have tomorrow. I remembered this saying "Never give up, don't ever give up." so I will not give up, I will get up every day and fight everyday to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment