Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Hair

Tonight I went to a fundraising meeting with my friend Katie. It was not what we had hoped it would be, we thought it would be about new ideas we hadn't heard before but it was really just going over the same stuff we had heard several times before. On the drive home we were trying to come up with some new ideas and really be creative and I thought well why not shave my hair off to the highest bidder over $500. No joke, I will let the person who donates the highest amount over $500 shave my hair off. I mean it wouldn't be the first time I was without hair and the money goes to a fabulous cause. It is a win win for all involved... Cancer is such a scary thing, and I know from experience just how scary it is. But I truly believe in this cause, we need to find a cure for all cancers! I am even going to go down to the local news paper and ask them what I need to do to put an article in. I will keep you all posted to the outcome, even post photos of before and after.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Good for you! I can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You are one brave, committed woman! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome Cynthia! There's a foundation that raises money for cancer by doing this exact thing. It's called the St. Baldrick's Foundation and they allow people to sign up as "shavees," and I think people can donate money through them to each shavee. You may want to give it a look-see because it may help you get more donations. Hope you raise a ton of money!

    http://www.stbaldricks.org/
    (888) 899-BALD (2253)

    ReplyDelete