Sunday, January 25, 2009

hmmm era of openess, really?


So this week I have been watching the news and I noticed that President Obama said something that I really liked and gave me hope that things were going to start off great and change was really going to happen. Here is what he said:

"The executive order on ethics I will sign shortly represents a clean break from business as usual. As of today, lobbyists will be subject to stricter limits than under any other administration in history. If you are a lobbyist entering my administration, you will not be able to work on matters you lobbied on, or in the agencies you lobbied during the previous two years. When you leave government, you will not be able to lobby my administration for as long as I am president."

But then a few days later he said he wants an exception to his rule. He wants William Lynn as the new deputy defense secretary, but the problem is this, he is a former lobbyist for a big defense contractor called Raytheon. So my question is this, why even make the new rule when you have no intention of following it? Don't they understand that this is why most Americans are so damn cynical?

No comments:

Post a Comment